When you have both pets and wooden floor in your house then, it is a bad combination. That’s because wooden floors are already hard to maintain and on top of that you have a pet to increase your hardships. Most of the times, you may find your pet urinating on the floor which leaves an awful mark and stench. If you are thinking about how to clean wood floors then, we are here to help you. Let’s learn how to get rid of pet urine from wooden floors.
What to do?
Here is what you have to do.
Things you will need:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle
- The first thing to do is cover the stained area with the paper towels.
- After that moisten the paper towels by spraying hydrogen peroxide on top of it.
- Now allow the hydrogen peroxide to sit on the stains for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- In case if you notice that the paper towels are drying out too quickly, in that case, you can either apply more peroxide or cover the edges with the help of tape and plastic.
- Remove the paper after several hours and then cover the area with an absorbent material. You can use cat litter or baking soda because they are good at absorbing both moisture and the odour as well.
- Once you see that all the moisture has been absorbed, scrape away the baking soda or cat litter and throw it away.
- Now let the area to dry nicely.
- In case if, you see that the stains are not completely removed then repeat the process again. Sometimes it may happen that if the stains are old then it may take two or three times of cleaning following this process in order for the stains to go off completely. So there is no need for you to doubt the method. All you need to do is repeat it a few times more in order to get the results.
Well, that’s how you clean pet urine stains from your wooden floor. You may get all the required items from the local market. The process is an easy one. All it needs is for you to be patient enough while cleaning your floor.