It all began in 1616 when the first land-based casino in the world was opened in Bad Wildungen, Germany. The casino games which drew the most crowds back then were roulette and blackjack. We’ve come a very long way from then and today, online and mobile casino slots are pretty much the main attraction. They have taken over the online gaming industry and make up the major part of online gameplay. Here we are going to take a look at a few of the reasons why online casinos have become so popular over the years.
The first online casino was opened back in 1994, and the software was developed by a company called Microgaming. The first casinos were registered in Antigua which was a free-trade zone and allowed casino games. From 2012 onwards, there are a number of online casinos which have emerged in this space. There are many new gaming software developers too who are even trading on stock exchange markets throughout Europe.
Now, let’s take a look at why they are growing so quickly:
- There are a number of new slot machines being introduced each month. It isn’t uncommon for casino themes to be drawn from movies, rock bands, etc. NetEnt, the Swedish software developer, is growing quickly and is the industry leader when it comes to slot games that look really attractive.
- An increase in internet speeds has also made it easier for people to play at online casinos. Another contributory factor is that people are spending much more time online today than they used to earlier. You don’t have to wait anymore. In seconds, you could be playing your favorite casino game.
- Larger displays, mainly on mobile phones, have accelerated online casino development. Real money casinos are all over the web, and this has also contributed to the increased number of people who play games online. The larger resolution displays also make gaming more fun.
- Faster and easier online payments are another possible reason why more people are looking to online casinos. Most casinos let you pay using credit and debit cards, instant transfers, and many online payment services like Moneybookers, Neteller, and eWallet.
- There is tremendous competition for attracting casino players, and this has resulted in a number of free spin bonuses being offered online. Nowadays, many casinos offer free spins even before you make a deposit. When you have no investment, it’s hard to resist giving these casinos a shot.
- The return to player has also increased online in recent years. It is now way ahead of land-based casinos. This is another reason why people prefer gambling online. There are many casinos which return as much as 90% to players while physical casinos return around 70%.
- The minimum deposits are very low online. You can start playing with little as $10-$20. This obviously comes with unique bonuses and free spins which will only make you want to play more once you’ve registered.