Do you think you need professional window installation services? If you own your home, then you’re responsible for the maintenance and replacement of your windows. This means you should know the signs of window that needs to be replaced. After all, you don’t want to wait to until your windows are completely broken until you replace them.
Common Signs That You Need New Windows
- Your windows can not be safely shut. – If you can no longer shut your windows because the window gets stuck, then you need to replace your windows.
- Your windows can not be locked. – If you can no longer lock your windows, then they aren’t safe. You should replace them immediately.
- Your windows are visibly damaged.- If you can look at your windows and tell that they are damaged, then you need to replace them. The damage is only going to get worse. Broken window panes are very dangerous and should be taken care of as soon as possible.
- Your windows can not be open safely. If your windows can no longer stay open without slamming down on their own, then your windows are compromised and need to be replaced. Windows like that can seriously harm you, because they can shut on your hands. That’s not what you want, so take care of the situation as soon as you can.
- Your windows are drafty. – You should not feel air coming through your windows if they are in the closed position. In fact, you should feel no air whatsoever coming through your windows if they are closed. If you can feel a draft when you walk by your windows this means they are very old and you need to get new windows.
- Your windows are not insulated. – If you know for a fact that your windows aren’t properly and professionally insulated than it’s a good idea to get new windows for your home. That’s because insulated windows are much more energy efficient and will save you money on your energy bill.
This guest post was written by Billy at:
Southeast General Contractors Inc.
3121 Skyway Cir F, Melbourne, FL 32934